Some critical questions must be asked when making the decision to file for divorce. At the top of the list, if you have children, is how this step will affect your children? If you have purchased a number of assets or been married for a number of years, you must ask what will happen to the community property assets? These are just a few of the questions that you may have. For this reason, Armada Law Corp has compiled a list of the most important questions you should ask your divorce attorney.
WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD YOU ASK?
So, what questions should you ask your divorce attorney? Here are a few of the most important ones:
- What is the best approachfor a divorce in my circumstances? There are multiple approaches to family law issues such as divorce, so it is important to find out what is best for your case.
- What can I expect in terms of legal fees and costs? Understanding the costs associated with divorce and how you will make payments will assist in the preparation process.
- How will our assets becharacterized and divided? Asset division requires obtaining the necessary documentation and completing thorough investigations.
- How will child custodybe determined? Consider how you can find the best arrangement for your children.
- Do you have experience with cases like mine?
These are just a few of the important questions that can help you better prepare for the divorce process. At Armada Law Corp we have staff prepared to discuss all of these questions as well as any additional questions you may have. If questions arise throughout the process, keep documentation of these on hand and never hesitate to ask your legal team.
ARMADA LAW CORP HAS THE ANSWERS
By asking these questions, you can better understand your case and what to expect. This way, you can be sure that you are making the best decisions for yourself and your family. If you have any other questions, ask your attorney during your consultation. They are more than happy to help you understand your case better.