Free Consultation 510-200-8695


DUI Accident Victims: What to Do Next

Posted by Armada Admin | Jan 13, 2023 | 0 Comments

This is a repost, with permission, from Zavala Law

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), it is estimated that 10,000 people die every year in the United States due to drugged or drunk driving. Even in cases where a collision caused by drunk driving does not result in a fatality, it can still result in serious, debilitating injuries that can impact the life of a victim for many years to come.

If you sustained injuries in an accident caused by a drunk driver, you should seek the assistance of an experienced attorney, so you can obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.

Your Right to Compensation

As a victim of a DUI accident, you have a right to pursue compensation for your injuries.

Here are some of your legal options:

  • You can file a claim against the drunk driver's insurance policy.
  • You can file a claim against the assets of the drunk driver.

It is more common to file a claim against the drunk driver's insurance policy. An attorney can either negotiate an appropriate settlement with the insurance company or, if a fair agreement cannot be reached, litigate the case in court.

Below are some of the damages you are entitled to:

  • Medical expenses, including recurring doctor visits, medication, and medical equipment
  • Rehabilitation costs, including physical therapy psychological counseling, and hospital stays
  • Loss of income, including future losses or the loss of your career due to the injuries
  • Permanent disabilities or injuries, including disfigurement or injuries that may result in severe financial difficulties
  • Pain and suffering, including mental anguish and emotional pain that may interfere with your daily life; and
  • Restitution through the underlying criminal matter against the drunk driver

If the injuries of a DUI accident ultimately resulted in death, loved ones may also seek compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit.

Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney to Discuss the Details of Your Case!

If you were injured by a drunk driver, the legal team at Armada Law Corp will fight tirelessly on your behalf to obtain the compensation you need, in both the civil matter and criminal case. Armada understands how overwhelming this situation is and will do whatever he can to reduce your burdens and stress during this difficult time.

Reach out to our law office today at (510) 200-8695 to set up a free initial case evaluation with a skilled personal injury attorney to get started on your case.

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Armada Law Corp is committed to answering your questions about Business, Disputes & Litigation, and Cannabis law issues in California.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Armada Law Corp PC
5776 Stoneridge Mall Road, Suite 360
Pleasanton, CA 94588
510 200-8695