Motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous. With so little protection available on a motorcycle, it's easy for riders to become seriously harmed in a crash. A motorcycle crash often results in terrible injuries that require long-term medical care and rehabilitation. Naturally, an injured rider may also experience financial setbacks such as lost income.
At Armada Law Corp, we can help you seek justice by reviewing your motorcycle case and investigating your claim to ensure our team can present the strongest case on your behalf. Injured riders deserve a legal representative who will fight for compensation from the at-fault driver. Our firm has significant experience working on all sides of a motorcycle accident case, and thus, can quickly jump in and ensure your rights are protected in order to maximize compensation.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in California
Unfortunately, motorcycle crashes are extremely common on California roadways, and while motorcyclists can take precautions to protect themselves from injury, they are vulnerable when sharing the roadway with larger vehicles. In California, the at-fault driver is responsible for reimbursing you for your losses after an accident.
Specifically, the at-fault party may be required to pay for:
- Medical Bills
- Vehicle Repairs or Replacement
- Lost Income
- Pain and suffering
Motorcycle accidents are often be caused by:
- Other Drivers: Drivers put motorcyclists at risk by speeding, ignoring driving rules, failing to give motorcyclists the right of way, and failing to keep a proper lookout for motorcyclists.
- Roadway Conditions: Motorcycles can be challenging to maneuver when roadway conditions are subpar. Unclean or poorly maintained roads can cause a motorcycle and/or its operator to lose control.
- Vehicle Breakdown: When a motorcycle's parts are in poor condition, failed brakes, blown tires, or other mechanical defects can cause a motorcycle to crash.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle riders are vulnerable to a wide range of catastrophic injuries, including death. Some of the more common injuries we encounter in a motorcycle accident are:
- Broken/fractured Bones
- Internal Organ Injuries
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injuries)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Surviving a motorcycle crash can leave motorcyclists with long-term physical and psychological injuries that require long-term medical treatment. We can utilize our resources to help you find the best possible care for your injuries.
Recovering from a Motorcycle Accident in California
After your accident, you will need to take several steps to protect your interests should you choose to move forward with a motorcycle accident claim:
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney
- Compile all photographs and video evidence
- Obtain the police report
- File a claim with your insurance company
- Seek medical services
- Take care of yourself and follow all medical advice
Hiring a California motorcycle accident attorney can ensure many of these steps are completed on your behalf. By quickly hiring an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, you can improve the odds that your case is handled properly from the very beginning.
Contact Armada Law Corp today by calling (510) 200-8695